December in the most authentic and elegant
tradition of the French aristocracy: as VIP guests of prestigious Loire Valley châteaux and elegant, authentic manor houses for exclusive receptions & hunts.
9th, 16th or Tuesday December 18th : Arrival
- Transfer from the airport with private chauffeur, via Chartres cathedral.
- VIP welcome by Comte & Comtesse de Vanssay to Château de la
Barre, home to their family since 1404.
- Wine and cheese tasting supper in front of the XIVth century fireplace.
10th, 17th or Wednesday December 19th : Renaissance Chateaux & Wine
Picturesque villages, rolling hills,XIIth century romanesque churches, and the colourful
Christmas market of Amboise.
- Visit of Leonardo da Vinci’s home and the famous Chenonceau Castle, with it’s magnificent Christmas decorations.
- Wine tasting at Caves Duhard.
- Grand Siècle dinner in the
XVIIth c Dining Room hosted by Comte & Comtesse de Vanssay.
11th, 18th or Thursday December 20th :
- Visit of the famous “Jardin à la Française” of Villandry.
- Followed by a gourmet lunch at “Les Années 30” in Chinon.
- Scenic drive along the Loire via romantic Azay le Rideau, Sleeping Beauty’s Ussé to Candes St Martin and Fontevault.
- VIP welcome by Comte & Comtesse de
Nicolaÿ to Château du Lude, one of the only famous Loire Valley castles still privately owned.
- Private visit of the château by the Comtesse de
- An informal cheese & wine tasting supper.
Wednesday December 12th, 19th or Friday
December 21st: Estate High Bird Pheasant
- 10am : meeting at the hunting lodge and departure for 3 drives.
- Lunch at the lodge followed by 2 more drives then tea.
- Festive Dinner in the Renaissance Dining Hall hosted by Comte & Comtesse de Nicolaÿ.
Thursday December 13th, 20th or Saturday December 22nd
Variable programme, which can include either :
* Transfer back to Paris city or airport directly.
* Transfer back to Paris city via Cheverny castle.
Very exclusive VIP visit or even lunch, in
rooms unopened to the public, hosted by the
Marquis de Vibraye, are possible.
* Extra day shooting at a neighboring estate.
* Extra day in the Loire, to visit the Medieval Plantagenêt City and lunch at XVIIth century.
Château Chêne de Coeur hosted by the owners, Vicomte & Vicomtesse Ogier d’Ivry.