commenter cet article
Did you know that you can discover some beautiful post impressionist or fauvist paintings in the Petite Salle à Manger or in the office?
Sunday December 9th, 16th or Tuesday December 18th : Arrival
- Transfer from the airport with private chauffeur, via Chartres cathedral.
- VIP welcome by Comte & Comtesse de Vanssay to Château de la Barre, home to their family since 1404.
- Wine and cheese tasting supper in front of the XIVth century fireplace.
Monday December 10th, 17th or Wednesday December 19th : Renaissance Chateaux & Wine
- Picturesque villages, rolling hills,XIIth century romanesque churches, and the colourful
Christmas market of Amboise.
- Visit of Leonardo da Vinci’s home and the famous Chenonceau Castle, with it’s magnificent Christmas decorations.
- Wine tasting at Caves Duhard.
- Grand Siècle dinner in the XVIIth c Dining Room hosted by Comte & Comtesse de Vanssay.
Tuesday December 11th, 18th or Thursday December 20th :
- Visit of the famous “Jardin à la Française” of Villandry.
- Followed by a gourmet lunch at “Les Années 30” in Chinon.
- Scenic drive along the Loire via romantic Azay le Rideau, Sleeping Beauty’s Ussé to Candes St Martin and Fontevault.
- VIP welcome by Comte & Comtesse de Nicolaÿ to Château du Lude, one of the only famous Loire Valley castles still privately owned.
- Private visit of the château by the Comtesse de Nicolaÿ.
- An informal cheese & wine tasting supper.
Wednesday December 12th, 19th or Friday December 21st: Estate High Bird Pheasant shoot
- 10am : meeting at the hunting lodge and departure for 3 drives.
- Lunch at the lodge followed by 2 more drives then tea.
- Festive Dinner in the Renaissance Dining Hall hosted by Comte & Comtesse de Nicolaÿ.
Thursday December 13th, 20th or Saturday December 22nd : Variable programme, which can include either :
* Transfer back to Paris city or airport directly.
* Transfer back to Paris city via Cheverny castle. Very exclusive VIP visit or even lunch, in
rooms unopened to the public, hosted by the Marquis de Vibraye, are possible.
* Extra day shooting at a neighboring estate.
* Extra day in the Loire, to visit the Medieval Plantagenêt City and lunch at XVIIth century.
Château Chêne de Coeur hosted by the owners, Vicomte & Vicomtesse Ogier d’Ivry.
Ouest France a important local newspaper, wrote an interesting article about Chateau de la Barre ( in French only.)
The Rally for Heroes is a major fund raising project in aid of Help for Heroes and the Royal British Legion. It takes place between the 18th and 25th August and will cover five countries, taking in the Top Gear test track, Le Mans, Monaco, Stelvio National Park in Italy and the challenging Nurburgring Circuit in Germany. The route includes a five mile drive for every serving soldier who has lost his or her life on duty in Afghanistan. Chateau de la Barre is proud to be one of the sponsors.